Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- A comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750. It covers the history of European exploration as well as portrayals of Native American peoples.
- History Reference Center
- A full-text history reference database featuring reference books, encyclopedias, non-fiction books, and history periodicals as well as thousands of historical documents, biographies of historical figures, photos, maps, and over 80 hours of historical video.
- Includes – Journal of American History (1914-2004), American Historical Review (1895-2010), and over 200 more history journals
- Kansas History, Territorial through Civil War Years, 1854-1865
- Writings about Kansas history by those who lived it. Scroll down to the History & Geneology section on the list of State Library of Kansas databases. For off-campus access, call/email the library to get a State Library of Kansas eCard.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: New York Times
- Full-text articles from the New York times ranging from 1851 to 2003. Search full page and article images from every page and every available issue.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection
- Full-text dissertations and theses published in the humanities and social sciences from around the world.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections
- Provides free and open access to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience. Includes most American Memory Collections.
- Founders Online
- Provides free and open access to correspondence and other writings of six major shapers of the United States: George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams (and family), Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison. Over 175,000 searchable documents, fully annotated, from the authoritative Founding Fathers Papers projects.
- Discovering American Women’s History Online
- This database provides access to digital collections of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States.
- The War of the Rebellion: Original Records of the Civil War
- Provdes free and open access to a compilation of the official records of the Union and Confederate armies.
- Kansas Memory Project
- Online database contains letters, diaries, photographs, government records from the State Archives, maps, museum artifacts, and historic structures in Kansas.